Corporate compliance: Under the watchful eye of the U.S. government, businesses must take appropriate measures to ensure proper employee authorization and verification. Establishing the suitable internal checks and balances is time-intensive, and if not done properly, can expose businesses to substantial liability. Fowler White protects its corporate clients by reviewing I-9 forms, preparing the necessary documents for any audits and developing an effective strategy to comply with all worksite enforcement actions.
In addition, Fowler White assists clients in drafting PERM labor certification applications which require a higher level of involvement from employers and well-supported applications. Clients benefit from our particular insight into the complex recruitment and filing procedures implemented by the PERM Labor Certification system.
We are also sensitive to the immigration issues related to transactional matters and help clients work through the ramifications of mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Non-immigrant visas: For those employers seeking worker status for a specific period of time and purpose, our attorneys provide exceptional support and instruction in the following categories:
- Intra-company transfers and multi-national workers (L-1A and L-1B)
- Professional and skilled workers (H-1B and H-2BTraders & investors (E-1 and E-2)
- Temporary workers (H-2A and H-2B)
- Trainees (J-1 and H-3)
- NAFTA (B-1/TN)
- Extraordinary ability aliens, includes athletes, artists and performers (O-1 and O-2, P-1 and P-2)
- Temporary religious workers (R-1)
- Consular processing
Immigrant visas: These types of visas are designated for foreign nationals seeking to live and work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time based on a pending job offer from a U.S. employer or their qualifications. Fowler White assists foreign nationals with processing applications and substantiating qualifications to help clients achieve legal status for any of the following visas:
Back to Immigration
- Extraordinary ability aliens (EB-1)
- Exceptional ability aliens (EB-2)
- Multi-national executives and managers
- Investors ($1 million or more in commercial enterprise)
- PERM green card and naturalization