Richard Morris is a member of the firm's Aviation Practice Group and has represented airlines, cargo carriers, airports, aircraft part manufacturers, fixed base operators, and ground handlers in major air disasters, general aviation accidents, aircraft accidents, passenger accidents on airport premises, ramp accidents, hull losses, turbulence and other inflight injury cases.
Richard focuses his practice on the defense of casualty and commercial litigation claims involving aviation, maritime, premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, and general liability. Richard is a litigator with experience in more than a dozen jury trials.
In the maritime arena, Richard has represented passenger and cargo carriers, marinas, and private vessel owners in the defense of personal injury and wrongful death suits. As a member of the Insurance Practice Group, Richard represents commercial property owners in the defense of premises liability claims ranging from slip/trip and fall accidents to wrongful death negligent security claims.
In addition, Richard's practice involves the defense of health care providers against allegations of medical malpractice. His considerable experience with medical malpractice cases includes participation in several medical malpractice jury trials. He also assists with litigation arising from property damage and products liability claims.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Transportation Committee
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
- Greater Miami Aviation Association
- Miami Maintenance Management Council
- American Bar Association, Forum on Air & Space Law and Section of Litigation
- Dade County Bar Association
- Coconut Grove Sailing Club
- Miami Children’s Hospital
Speaker, "In-Flight Loss of Control Prevention in Commercial and General Aviation," Aviation Insurance Association's Annual Conference, May 2016