Walter Latimer is a Shareholder in the firm's Products Liability & Toxic Torts and Aviation Practice Groups in the Miami office.
Walter is an AV-rated trial lawyer who focuses his practice on complex high-exposure transportation, toxic tort, product liability, premises liability, professional liability, general liability, resort and maritime torts, and other risks, from pre-trial through appeal. He is licensed in all courts in Florida, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Missouri, and has appeared in numerous other jurisdictions pro hac vice for trial. He has over thirty years of experience with both national and international clients in numerous successful high-exposure civil cases, in both state and federal courts around the country.
Focusing on the facts and issues that win lawsuits, Walter provides targeted trial preparation for those cases that cannot be resolved after early evaluation. He is involved throughout the entire trial process by handling testimony, managing the trial team, and utilizing preeminent experts in far-reaching medical and scientific fields. He also provides independent case evaluation. By keeping pace with emerging science, he quickly spots experts whose opinions cannot be supported. He was been honored as one of the Top Ten defense attorneys in the United States.
He earned his Bachelor of Science in Biology & Chemistry from Tulane University where he graduated cum laude, and his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Missouri where he served as Class President and as President of Phi Alpha Delta.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute, 1998 - Present
- ABA, Tort and insurance Practice Section, 1998 - Present
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, 1998 - Present
- Dade County Bar, 1995 - Present
- Co-Author with Bruno Renda, "Confusing Theories of Liability: Negligent Driving and Negligent Employment," Daily Business Review, July 2020
- Co-Author with Bruno Renda, "Appeals Court Tosses Asbestos Case for Lack of Jurisdiction", Daily Business Review, August 2018
- Co-Editor, "Professional Liability," The Florida Bar, 2005
- Author, "Liability of the Commercial Driver, Negligent Hiring Meets the Dangerous Instrumentality Doctrine," The Florida Bar Journal, 2001
- Author, "Florida Tort Reform," The Florida Bar Journal, 1999