Alyssa Razook Wan is a Tax, Trust and Estates attorney with a concentration in international taxation, who handles a variety of domestic and international matters for high-net-worth individuals and families, such as structuring investment in and transfer of U.S. real property by non-residents, structuring other investments and businesses within the United States, pre-immigration planning, and estate planning involving multinational families and investments. She also assists clients in the formation of tax-exempt private foundations with charitable purposes and activities within the United States and abroad, as well as with obtaining private letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service.
Before earning her Master of Laws in Taxation, Alyssa practiced commercial litigation and represented companies and individuals in a variety of business and real estate disputes. Drawing on this litigation experience, she represents clients in tax controversy and litigation matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Tax Court. She also assists clients in voluntary disclosure matters as well as FATCA and other reporting and compliance issues.
Alyssa obtained her Master of Law degree in Taxation, at the University of Miami School of Law, her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, and her Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial & Labor Relations from Cornell University.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Dade County Bar Association
- Greater Miami Tax Institute
- Co-Author with Howard W. Gordon, "IRS to End Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program in September 2018," Fowler White Burnett Legal Alert, JDSupra, March, 2018
- Co-Arthur with Oscar Grisales-Racini, "Three Key Aspects of the New Tax Law," Fowler White Burnett Alert, JD Supra, January 2018
- Co-Author with Leticia Vega, "New Florida Law Facilitates Access to and Management of a Person's "Digital Estate" After Death," Fowler White Burnett Legal Alert, JDSupra, May 2016
- Co-Author wtih Richard Razook, "FATCA Alert," Fowler White Burnett, P.A. Legal Alert, October 17, 2014. Re-published by FATCA News, October 21, 2014.
- Speaker, “Pre-Immigration Tax Planning in the 2018 Landscape: Trends, Developments and Updates,” The Knowledge Group, February, 2018