With more than 50 years of experience, Richard Banick was well-known in the South Florida legal community. The fourth attorney to join the firm’s Miami office in 1956, Mr. Banick served as managing shareholder for a 25-year period and was largely responsible for growing the firm’s practice areas, shaping the firm’s culture and establishing mentoring programs.
A skillful litigator, Mr. Banick argued before State and Federal Courts and he handled many cases for leading companies, such as Gray Line Sightseeing Tours and IBM. Mr. Banick devoted a considerable portion of his practice to securities litigation and arbitration. He represented major national and regional brokerage firms and successfully defended a large volume of broker-dealer disputes. The firm’s Securities Litigation & Arbitration Group flourished under his leadership, and today, is among the foremost groups of its kind in Florida.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Elder Law Committee
- American Judicature Society
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- City National Bank of Florida
- University of Miami School of Medicine, Holtz Children’s Hospital, Project: New Born