As a Shareholder in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, Gil Acevedo brings to the firm over fourteen years of real estate experience in various areas of real estate law, including foreclosures, commercial and residential evictions, and real estate mediation. Gil currently serves as title agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc., Chicago Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance.
Gil’s experience and practice involves representation of clients in connection with the commercial and residential real estate transactions, relating to the purchase and sale of office buildings, shopping centers, apartment buildings, gas stations, vacant land, condominium units, townhomes, and single-family homes, in addition to short-sale transactions. Gil also assist clients through the complex process of commercial real estate finance, including acquisition lending, refinance, and mortgage modifications. Gil has also worked on corporate transactions in connection with the formation of real estate purchasing entities and negotiating and drafting agreements and corresponding corporate documents. Among other skills, Gil is highly experienced on the structuring of business entities to minimize U.S. and estate taxes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented GBX Homestead, LLC, in its acquisition of approximately 117 acres of vacant land in Homestead, Florida from US Century REH I, LLC. The purchase price of the acquisition was $10,000,000.00. The property had previously been foreclosed by U.S. Century Bank and after acquiring title subsequently conveyed to US Century REH, I, an affiliate of the Seller. US Century Bank provided purchase money financing of $8,500,000.00.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- Landlord/Tenant Committee, Member
- Greater Miami Aviation Association, Board of Directors
- Dade County Bar Association, Real Property Committee
- Member, 2016 – 2017
- Chair, 2007 – 2009
- Vice-Chair, 2006 – 2007
- Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Secretary, 2008 – 2009
- Director, 2006 – 2008
- Bids for Kids Fundraising Event, Chair, 2008 – 2009
- School Education Committee, Advisor, 2008 – 2009, and Chair, 2006 – 2008
- Social Events Committee, Vice-Chair, 2007 – 2008
- Minority Bar Passage Program Committee, Vice-Chair, 2006 – 2007
- Brickell Area Association
- Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce of South Florida
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida
- Florida International University Law Bridge Program