Sheryl A. Moore practices as a specialist exclusively in the area of Family Law. She professionally and zealously advocates on behalf of her clients in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties. Ms. Moore is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law. She provides quality, professional and caring representation to individuals, parents, spouses and former spouses involved in difficult life and family situations. She has an excellent reputation in our community and provides assertive, dedicated and focused legal services for her clients.
Ms. Moore handles all aspects of family law including divorce, paternity, same-sex divorce, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, name changes, post divorce matters such as modification, enforcement and contempt, relative and step-parent adoptions, child support, custody and time-sharing, relocation, equitable distribution, alimony and support, domestic violence, parental responsibility and support unconnected to dissolution of marriage.
Family law encompasses all aspects of a person’s life; his or her finances, children, one's life, goals and dreams. In order to protect her clients, Ms. Moore frequently engages other skilled professionals such as estate planners, tax, corporate and bankruptcy attorneys, mediators, forensic accountants, business valuators, pension experts, psychologists, parent coordinators, guardians ad litem, family counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, vocational evaluation experts, real and personal property appraisers, as well as other professionals whose expertise is integral in helping her clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Continuing Legal Education Committee, and Children's Issues Committee
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Broward County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Public Good Legal Aid Service
- Ninth Annual Fundraiser Co-Chair
- Susan B. Anthony Recovery Center
In the News
- Speaker, "Before You Tie the Knot", Coral Gables- South Dade Estate Planning Council, May 2016
- Speaker, "Interactive Discussion on Women's Issues", BNY Mellon Wealth Management, December 2015
- Seminar Speaker; Northern Trust, October 2015
- Forum Speaker; University of Miami Law School, September 2015
- Speaker, "Marital & Family Law Certification," Board Certification: Reaching the Pinnacle of Practice, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, May 15, 2015
- Guest, "Family Law," Legal News and Review, Broadcast on WBZT 1230 AM AND iheart HD Satellite Radio, April 2015
- Panelist, "Women, Wealth, and Empowerment," October 30, 2014
- Miami Executives; Miami, Florida – July 2014
- Author, "Strategies For Handling Current Ethics Issues And Trends In Family Law," Ethics in Family Law: Leading Lawyer On Guiding Clients Through Domestic Disputes In A Principled Manner
- Member, Daughters of the American Revolution
- 2015 and 2016 Dolphins Cycling Challenge Bike Rider, Cancer Fighter and Heavy Hitter
- 2015 and 2016 MS Bike Rider and Fundraiser
- Winter Equestrian Festival Jumper Competitor; Wellington, Florida